Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Natural family planning comprises the family planning methods for both achieving and postponing or avoiding pregnancy without the use of medication or devices. There are multiple methods by which this is accomplished, most involve understanding, self-monitoring, and tracking your body's natural processes.
The group medical visit is a strategy that allow GPs to spend a longer than usual amount of time with a patient on a given topic. This is done by identifying a group of 3 or more patients with similar health goals and discussing those goals in a group setting. Typically this occurs in person, however due to the COVID-19 pandemic this group visit will take place using the videoconferencing program ZOOM.
Dr. Cynthia Barco will take the group thorough the anatomy and physiology relevant to natural family planning, discuss the signs of fertility, review the multiple methods of natural family planning, and help each individual determine which method is best for them and their circumstances.
1) You do not have to be a patient of Dr. Barco's family practice to attend the Group Medical Visit (GMV). This GMV is open to all patients with active BC care coverage through the Medical Services Plan (MSP). If you desire and give explicit consent, Dr. Barco can provide a note to your family doctor summarizing the visit (this will only include medical details about yourself and no one else from the group).
2) After registering and attending a particular GMV with Dr. Barco, you will not become regular patients of Dr. Barco and cannot make further individual appointments with her outside of the particular GMV for which they registered. For all other medical needs outside of those detailed in the intentions of the GMV and discussed during that particular visit, you will need to consult your own family doctor or your regular Walk-in medical clinic or Emergency Department.
3) The group medical visit will be held via Zoom for Healthcare, which is compliant with Canadian Data Protection Regulations, specifically PIPEDA/PHIPA. For more information on Zoom and regulation compliance please see:
4) Once you are registered for a GMV, you will receive an email prior to the scheduled event with the link for the meeting. To join the meeting, at the appropriate date and time, you can click on the link in the email you received. For more detailed instructions, follow this link:
Aug 15th, 2020 - 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm - [10 spots available]
Sept - TBA
1. Please read in detail the document linked below titled " Consent to Use Electronic Communications "
2. Please fill out the document linked below titled "NFP GMV Registration Form". The completed form can then be emailed into us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or dropped of in person / slipped under the door at the Esquimalt Medical Clinic.
3. Booking will occur on a first-come-first-serve basis until all spots are filled. You will be contacted if and when a spot is available, or placed on a wait-list until a spot opens up or the next GMV is announced.
Copyright © 2019 Esquimalt Medical Clinic - All Rights Reserved.
*Some elements do not work if using Microsoft Edge